Call or text your girlfriends right now and plan a trip to Blowing Rock. It's the ultimate girlfriend getaway destination with tons of shopping, spas, award-winning restaurants and a variety of accommodations from resorts to cozy cabins, bed and breakfasts to condos and everything in between. Many of our area lodgings have created vacation packages so be sure to check for specials and deals by clicking here.
Below are just a few of the many opportunities for an awesome girls getaway!
- Hiking is one of the best ways to see the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains. There are countless trails in the area, especially along the Blue Ridge Parkway. From the myriad destination hikes and the 26 mile network at Moses Cone Park, to local sections of the Appalachian Trail and the Mountains to Sea […]Read More »
- For 55 years, Art in the Park has graced a monthly Saturday from May through October in North Carolina’s Prettiest Small Town. The festival is in its second year on Park Avenue, an ideal location that intersects the town’s Main Street, allowing easy access to all of downtown Blowing Rock’s unique shops and restaurants. 2017 […]Read More »
- Blowing Rock is home to several waterfalls, and there are even more to be found in the nearby region. See below for directions to more than a dozen waterfall viewing sites. Several require hiking, so they are arranged by trail difficulty. Each of these falls is incredibly beautiful, but danger is an inherent part of […]Read More »
- Is Blowing Rock Mitford? We here in Blowing Rock consider it to be Mitford because author Jan Karon lived here when she was inspired to write At Home in Mitford and other books in the series. Which Mitford sites correspond to actual Blowing Rock locations? *Since Father Tim was an Episcopalian priest, we think of […]Read More »
- This one-day suggested itinerary is best during the theater season- mostly summer. However, there more more suggestions at the bottom for other activities. Enjoy lots of art and history in Blowing Rock! -Start the day at Moses Cone Manor & Parkway Craft Center. There is plenty to enjoy just looking at the mansion, with classic […]Read More »
- You’ve crossed Grandfather’s Mile-High Swinging Bridge and been hiking at Bass Lake, enjoyed a show with Ensemble Stage and ridden the rails at Tweetsie, and now you’re looking for more. Or perhaps you just like to find those out-of-the-way gems first. Below, we’ve outlined a great weekend of activities and sights that are sometimes overlooked, […]Read More »
- Blowing Rock’s Concert in the Park Series is an annual set of free outdoor concerts. Always on Sundays following Art in the Park, the performances offer entertainment from a variety of musical genres. Family-friendly and casual! Bring a lawn chair or blanket to Memorial Park on Main Street to enjoy the music- all concerts begin […]Read More »
- Blowing Rock is well-known for laid back leisure and locally inspired, indulgence-worthy dining. A month-long celebration of NC beers just fits here. You’ll find North Carolina brews in town all year, but for NC Beer Month, our watering holes feature local brews with a special focus. Throughout April, local restaurants are highlighting NC Beers in delicious ways, from […]Read More »
- Put on a pair of comfy shoes and clean out your car trunk because Blowing Rock is one of North Carolina’s premier shopping destinations! In downtown Blowing Rock, you’ll find streets filled with unique boutiques, art, jewelry, antiques and home decor shops. It’s a great place to shop with friends or to do some serious […]Read More »
- Adjacent to Pisgah National Forest, Moses H. Cone Memorial Park, Julian Price Park, and the Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock is the perfect place to begin your hiking adventure. Also nearby is Grandfather Mountain, the Linville Gorge Wilderness area, part of the Appalachian Trail, and points on the Mountains-to-Sea Trail. There are so many […]Read More »