Blowing Rock has long been a favorite destination for couples. Maybe its the breathtaking vistas on the Blue Ridge Parkway or the charming, storybook mountain village. Could be the award-winning restaurants or the stylish accommodations. Might be the range of activities including hiking, canoeing, biking and shopping. Some say its the relaxing atmosphere and spa treatments at our local spas. Whatever the reason, Blowing Rock is the perfect place for your next romantic getaway. Whether you are planning a quick weekend escape, a luxurious multi-week vacation, a destination wedding or a scenic proposal, Blowing Rock hits the spot.
- Blowing Rock is home to several waterfalls, and there are even more to be found in the nearby region. See below for directions to more than a dozen waterfall viewing sites. Several require hiking, so they are arranged by trail difficulty. Each of these falls is incredibly beautiful, but danger is an inherent part of […]Read More »
- For your romantic getaway, there are plenty of indulgent options among Blowing Rock accommodations. You can choose from luxuriously upscale or historically opulent to warm & rustic or sweet & cozy. Nearly every inn or hotel in town offers romantic add-ons or packages. Call ahead to one of your favorites, or check out these romance […]Read More »
- Adjacent to Pisgah National Forest, Moses H. Cone Memorial Park, Julian Price Park, and the Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock is the perfect place to begin your hiking adventure. Also nearby is Grandfather Mountain, the Linville Gorge Wilderness area, part of the Appalachian Trail, and points on the Mountains-to-Sea Trail. There are so many […]Read More »
- No matter what the season, the Blue Ridge Parkway is the perfect place to share the breathtaking beauty of North Carolina’s mountains with your sweetheart. Below are just a few of our favorite “romantic spots” that are near Blowing Rock. Rough Ridge Overlook – Milepost 302.8Amazing views while hiking the Tanawha Trail up the mountain […]Read More »
- According to legend, a Chickasaw chieftan, who was protecting his beautiful daughter from white man’s admiration, journeyed to The Blowing Rock and into the care of a squaw mother. One day the lovely maiden was daydreaming on the cliff and noticed a Cherokee brave wandering in far below. She playfully shot an arrow in his […]Read More »
- What is more romantic than a relaxing spa treatment with your special someone? Blowing Rock spas offer rejuvenating spa services at stellar resorts and spas. In town, you’ll find The Spa at Chetola Resort, just the relaxing retreat you’ve been searching for. Enjoy various massages, including a couples massage, facials, and a beautiful indoor pool. […]Read More »
- The High Country has a wine trail! If you haven’t visited our local wineries, you’re in for a real treat. Great wine and beautiful views combine for a unique experience at each location. Grandfather Mountain Winery is in Foscoe, just to the northwest of Blowing Rock. The vineyards and tasting room are on the slopes […]Read More »