Call or text your girlfriends right now and plan a trip to Blowing Rock. It's the ultimate girlfriend getaway destination with tons of shopping, spas, award-winning restaurants and a variety of accommodations from resorts to cozy cabins, bed and breakfasts to condos and everything in between. Many of our area lodgings have created vacation packages so be sure to check for specials and deals by clicking here.
Below are just a few of the many opportunities for an awesome girls getaway!
- Blowing Rock is home to several waterfalls, and there are even more to be found in the nearby region. See below for directions to more than a dozen waterfall viewing sites. Several require hiking, so they are arranged by trail difficulty. Each of these falls is incredibly beautiful, but danger is an inherent part of […]Read More »
- Is Blowing Rock Mitford? We here in Blowing Rock consider it to be Mitford because author Jan Karon lived here when she was inspired to write At Home in Mitford and other books in the series. Which Mitford sites correspond to actual Blowing Rock locations? *Since Father Tim was an Episcopalian priest, we think of […]Read More »
- This one-day suggested itinerary is best during the theater season- mostly summer. However, there more more suggestions at the bottom for other activities. Enjoy lots of art and history in Blowing Rock! -Start the day at Moses Cone Manor & Parkway Craft Center. There is plenty to enjoy just looking at the mansion, with classic […]Read More »
- You’ve crossed Grandfather’s Mile-High Swinging Bridge and been hiking at Bass Lake, enjoyed a show with Ensemble Stage and ridden the rails at Tweetsie, and now you’re looking for more. Or perhaps you just like to find those out-of-the-way gems first. Below, we’ve outlined a great weekend of activities and sights that are sometimes overlooked, […]Read More »
- Blowing Rock’s Concert in the Park Series is an annual set of free outdoor concerts. Always on Sundays following Art in the Park, the performances offer entertainment from a variety of musical genres. Family-friendly and casual! Bring a lawn chair or blanket to Memorial Park on Main Street to enjoy the music- all concerts begin […]Read More »
- Put on a pair of comfy shoes and clean out your car trunk because Blowing Rock is one of North Carolina’s premier shopping destinations! In downtown Blowing Rock, you’ll find streets filled with unique boutiques, art, jewelry, antiques and home decor shops. It’s a great place to shop with friends or to do some serious […]Read More »
- Adjacent to Pisgah National Forest, Moses H. Cone Memorial Park, Julian Price Park, and the Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock is the perfect place to begin your hiking adventure. Also nearby is Grandfather Mountain, the Linville Gorge Wilderness area, part of the Appalachian Trail, and points on the Mountains-to-Sea Trail. There are so many […]Read More »
- Upscale and friendly, Blowing Rock is a perfect spot for a girlfriend getaway. Situated along the crest of the Blue Ridge, the location couldn’t be better. Amazing views, crisp mountain air, and plenty of outdoor activities will melt stress. And there unique downtown shops and outlets, making Blowing Rock a shopping destination. But perhaps, one […]Read More »
- The High Country has a wine trail! If you haven’t visited our local wineries, you’re in for a real treat. Great wine and beautiful views combine for a unique experience at each location. Grandfather Mountain Winery is in Foscoe, just to the northwest of Blowing Rock. The vineyards and tasting room are on the slopes […]Read More »