The Blue Ridge Parkway runs right through Blowing Rock, and it is a fundamental part of our town’s history & culture- not to mention a favorite source of unending recreation. This unit of the National Park Service connects Shenendoah National Park to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It preserves wild spaces and cultural sites all along the 469-mile length.
We invite you to share your love for the Blue Ridge Parkway, and be entered to win a getaway package to our #ParkwayTown!
How to enter:
Comment on our #ParkwayTown Giveaway images on Facebook and Instagram to tell us what you love about the Blue Ridge Parkway- that’s it!
Watch our Facebook and Instagram profiles for a new #ParkwayTown Giveaway image each Monday from August 26 to September 23, 2019. We’ll post one on each platform each week, so that’s 10 chances to win if you comment on all of them on both platforms! We’ll gather entries after September 30, 2019 and randomly select a winner!
Updated October 1, 2019: Sweepstakes is now closed. Winner will be announced soon!
What we’re giving away:
A fun-filled getaway trip for two to Blowing Rock- valued at $1000!
- Two nights at Chetola Resort & Spa, which shares borders with Cone Memorial Park on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- A canoe or kayak trip (winner’s choice) for two on the New River, courtesy of Wahoo’s Adventures. Did you know the headwaters of the New River start in Blowing Rock?
- A canopy zipline tour for two at Sky Valley Zip Tours in Blowing Rock. Zip through forests that stretch near the Parkway!
- Passes for two to Grandfather Mountain, connected to Blowing Rock via the Blue Ridge Parkway. The Linn Cove Viaduct, on Grandfather’s southern slopes, is an engineering marvel and well-known landmark on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Pass for two to The Blowing Rock attraction, our town’s namesake. The view from the Blowing Rock stretches to the west toward Blue Ridge Parkway lands.
- Gifts from local places: a handmade basket from The Mountain Thread Company, a Blue Ridge Parkway Candle from The Funky Tulip, an Elliot Daingerfield book from The Blowing Rock Art & History Museum
- Gifts from the America’s National Parks store at Cone Manor, Blue Ridge Parkway milepost 294: Denim Cone Manor Shirt (L), Mansion in the Mountains book, and a Passport to Your National Parks.
All vouchers are good through December 2020. Once the winner is selected and contacted, we’ll mail out all the vouchers and goodies! Lodging & activity booking dates are subject to availability.
This campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or the National Park Service. Official Rules below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. For an alternate method of entry, a web form was provided.
This Campaign is conducted by the Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority. This campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or the National Park Service.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who comment on designated Giveaway images or sign up on BlowingRock.com, and who are 18 years of age as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the US, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on August 26, 2019, 10:00am EST and ending September 30, 2019, 11:59pm EST. All online entries must be received by September 30, 2019, 11:59pm EST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by commenting on designated #ParkwayTown Giveaway images on Facebook and Instagram, or by submitting an entry using the online form provided at BlowingRock.com. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority. Up to one entry per photo will be accepted, culminating to a maximum of 10 entries per entrant. Those using the web form for entry may also enter up to 10 times. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a voucher for two nights accommodations in the Lodge at Chetola Resort in Blowing Rock, NC; a voucher for a guided canoe or kayak trip for two people with Wahoo’s Adventures (Winner may select watercraft type); a voucher for a canopy zipline tour for two people with Sky Valley Zip Tours; two tickets to Grandfather Mountain; two tickets to The Blowing Rock Attraction; a handmade rope basket from The Mountain Thread Company; a scented candle from The Funky Tulip; a copy of Elliot Daingerfield, courtesy of the Blowing Rock Art & History Museum. Approximate retail value of prize is $1,134.85 . Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. Activities subject to seasonal availability. Lodging blackout dates may apply. All awarded vouchers and tickets are valid through December 30, 2020. Winner is responsible for selecting date of travel and securing reservations to redeem lodging, zipline tour, and canoe/kayak trip. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. Any and all prize-related expenses, including travel to Blowing Rock and any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Transfer/assignment of prize to others by request of the Winner is not permitted except at the discretion of The Blowing Rock Tourism Authority. Prize package will be mailed to winner at the expense of the Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority, or may be picked up in person if the winner chooses. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority on October 7, 2019. Winner will be notified by comment and direct message on Facebook and/or Instagram, or by email, depending on method of entry, within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE BLOWING ROCK TOURISM DEVELOPMENT‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority, anyone acting on behalf of The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority, and The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, statements about the Campaign, and city or town of residence for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority. The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user with different social media profiles; multiple entries from the same user from different email addresses; multiple entries from the same user in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND NORTH CAROLINA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in North Carolina having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority, P.O Box 2445, Blowing Rock, NC 28605. Requests must be received no later than October 5, 2019.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority, P.O Box 2445, Blowing Rock, NC 28605.
15. Affiliations: The Campaign hosted by The Blowing Rock Tourism Development Authority is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or The National Park Service.
16. By entering the Giveaway, You, the Contestant, warrant that You have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.