From the unmatched, far-reaching views along the Blue Ridge Parkway, to the quaint storybook mountain village, Blowing Rock, North Carolina is truly deserving of the title: "Crown of the Blue Ridge." Here you'll find popular family attractions including Tweetsie Railroad and The Blowing Rock, a plethora of unique downtown shops and outlets, and outdoor adventure ranging from hiking and biking to spelunking and bouldering. It's a venue for adventure, but also a place for ultimate relaxation. Indulge in a spa treatment, sample scrumptious vittles at our award-winning restaurants, or enjoy the hospitality at our local inns, bed and breakfasts, resorts, cabins or hotels.
The Blowing Rock area offers an array of family, cultural and experiential attractions including Tweetsie Railroad, The Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mountain, Blowing Rock Art & History Museum and much more. In addition, the Blowing Rock area is home to many museums, wineries, farms, performing arts venues, and popular festivals.
One of the only towns located directly on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock is the perfect hub for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, canoeing, fly fishing, rock climbing or spelunking, Blowing Rock has an array of guide services, trails and waterways to make your vacation an adventure.
For decades Blowing Rock has been known as a shopping destination. The downtown area boasts over 100 unique shops and boutiques featuring everything from antiques to mod decor, high-end fashion to creative gifts and everything in between. Blowing Rock is also home to Tanger Shoppes on the Parkway, featuring nearly 30 outlets.
Events & Happenings
- Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Appalachian Ski Mountain in Blowing Rock delivers with snowy slopes and outdoor ice skating for the holidays! Enjoy a variety of slopes and exciting terrain parks at this family-friendly resort. Appalachian Ski Mountain will again be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day during the 2018 season! Guests […]Read More »
- Chetola Resort hosts the 2018 Festival of Trees on November 29 through December 2. The event will benefit Western Youth Network (WYN) with an array of sponsored trees and wreaths, decorated beautifully for everyone’s enjoyment! Each one will have a theme and will be up for auction. Many trees even come with gifts, adding even […]Read More »
- Join us in Blowing Rock for the Holiday Stroll, a celebration of winter and the Christmas season in December. It’s like a town-wide holiday open house! On Friday, December 7th from 5 to 8 pm, local businesses and organizations present an evening of fun surrounded by the twinkling lights of the season. Santa will be strolling […]Read More »
Mark Your Calendars for These Annual Events
Activities and News Blog
- It’s apple season! In the fall, High Country produce stands and farmers markets are bursting with unique apple varieties. Which apples are best for making apple pie? What about cider? What makes the NC High Country ideal for growing so many varieties of apples? Bill Moretz of Moretz Mountain Orchard was happy to answer those […]Read More »
- Cooler temperatures have definitely blown in! The day dawned cloudy and blustery, though the clouds have cleared as the day continues. We took a short trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway this morning to see how colors are developing at higher elevations. This spot near Green Mountain Overlook is located at about 4100 feet in […]Read More »
- Saturday, September 22- Happy first day of fall! It was a beautiful day to welcome the new season, with cool breezes and clear skies. There is already evidence of the foliage change on the way! A few trees in town are starting to shift, but as usual the higher elevations show more fall color first. […]Read More »
Blowing Rock has been a popular vacation destination for over one hundred years and we continue to offer a great selection of accommodations that showcase our signature hospitality. Choose from quaint bed and breakfasts, family inns, name brand hotels, beautiful resorts, and vacation rentals including cabins, cottages, condos and campgrounds.
In addition, many of our hotels offer vacation packages that may enhance your experience, make planning easier, or save you money. Be sure to check out our vacation packages and visit the individual lodging websites for more information on each property.
Blowing Rock has emerged as a premier culinary destination in North Carolina with a great selection of unique restaurants to please your palate. Whether you just want a quick sandwich or a multi-course dining experience, there are scrumptious offerings throughout the town. The only issue you may have is choosing which one. To try them all, visit us during SAVOR Blowing Rock, our yearly festival held in April celebrating wine, craft beer and fine dining. In addition, Blowing Rock offers coffee and wine shops, and is close by to many wineries.