Get Out There!
- Blowing Rock and the High Country are known for being outdoor destinations, so rainy days can stump folks looking for entertainment. But there’s still LOTS to do in the area! We’ve listed 45 links below as suggestions to enjoy a rainy day around here. First of all, if it’s a light passing rain, we suggest […]Read More »
- For your romantic getaway, there are plenty of indulgent options among Blowing Rock accommodations. You can choose from luxuriously upscale or historically opulent to warm & rustic or sweet & cozy. Nearly every inn or hotel in town offers romantic add-ons or packages. Call ahead to one of your favorites, or check out these romance […]Read More »
- This one-day suggested itinerary is best during the theater season- mostly summer. However, there more more suggestions at the bottom for other activities. Enjoy lots of art and history in Blowing Rock! -Start the day at Moses Cone Manor & Parkway Craft Center. There is plenty to enjoy just looking at the mansion, with classic […]Read More »
- You’ve crossed Grandfather’s Mile-High Swinging Bridge and been hiking at Bass Lake, enjoyed a show with Ensemble Stage and ridden the rails at Tweetsie, and now you’re looking for more. Or perhaps you just like to find those out-of-the-way gems first. Below, we’ve outlined a great weekend of activities and sights that are sometimes overlooked, […]Read More »
- Blowing Rock is a fantastic base of operations for your family getaway. If you are traveling with young children, this itinerary offers some ideas for an action-packed day. Morning: Tweetsie Railroad The park opens at 9am so you can get the day started right with historic steam locomotives, Wild West shows, dancing, rides and more! […]Read More »