As the temperatures drop and the Holiday Season draws near, what could be better than enjoying a cocktail and a meal next to a toasty fire? We’ve made a list of restaurants that offer fireside drinks or dinner that are sure to entice you to brave the cold.
- Gideon Ridge – Recently featured by Forbes for their accolades from Tripadvisor is the Restaurant at Gideon Ridge. Hailed as the Number 1 Date Spot and the Number 2 Fine Dining Restaurant in the United States, Gideon Ridge has a large, rustic, rock fireplace as well. Reservations are required, but guests can come early and enjoy a drink by the fire before they’re seated. This fine dining experience is locally sourced and cooked to perfection.
- Twigs – Have some drinks by the fire before your meal at Twigs. A local staple, Twigs prides themselves on their ingredients which they source as locally and organically as possible. They also have an award winning wine list, extensive beer list, and craft cocktails to suit any taste.
- Best Cellar – The Best Cellar has three fireplaces. You can grab a drink while you wait on your table and sit by the fireplace in the lobby. Then when your table is ready, there is a small dining room with its own fireplace, and a main fireplace with several tables close to it. The authority on cozy atmosphere, make sure to put The Best Cellar on your list.
- Bistro Roca – Local favorite spot, Bistro Roca, offers cozy, fireside dining in both of their dining rooms. They have modern American cuisine with a local flare, and a Sunday brunch that is famous around town. An excellent place to dine and the fireplace is a plus!
- Hellbender – Serving up delicious Smash Burgers and other pub fare, Hellbender is a local favorite stop. Offering delicious food and drinks at reasonable prices, and the ambience of a fireplace, Hellbender is sure to satisfy all of your cravings. Want to sit outside? Hellbender has two fire tables and large throw blankets to keep you warm al fresco.
- Moon Thai, Sushi, Ramen – Blowing Rock’s only Asian fusion restaurant, Moon Thai dishes out traditional Thai food alongside ramen and the freshest sushi. Warm up next to the fire with some ramen, or enjoy some sashimi in their cozy atmosphere.
- Storie Street Grille – Storie Street Grille has a fireplace right in their dining room. A family run bistro, Storie Street is striving to keep a welcoming, hometown vibe while serving the freshest local food.
- Timberlake’s – Timberlake’s sports 3 fireplaces as it is a historical building dating back to the 1920s. Each main dining room has a fireplace as a part of their cozy atmosphere. All of the dishes are inspired by the favorites of world-renowned artist, Bob Timberlake. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Timberlakes is an excellent choice for fireside dining any time of day.
- Town Tavern – Enjoy a cold one by the warm fire at Town Tavern. With 19 flat screen TVs, and delicious wings it is the place to be for that big game. They have a menu that the whole family can enjoy, or come watch the game solo!
The restaurants on this list are so diverse that you can find fireside dining for any budget. So, get on out and warm up while you dine with Blowing Rock’s excellent fireside dining options.
More on the Blog:
For the 2022 Holiday Glow Time season, we’ve decided to spice things up with a little competition. This year our shops are competing for the title of “Best Holiday Glow” for the Holiday Stroll! Take a look at the pics in the poll, decide who did it best, and cast your vote.
Thanksgiving to the New Year is Holiday Glow Time In the Rockwellian town of Blowing Rock, the glow of festive lights and holiday hospitality bring warmth to the chilly days and nights. Enjoy memorable holiday activities and events and a twinkling, yuletide village...
Join us in Blowing Rock for the Holiday Stroll, a celebration of winter and the Christmas season in December. It’s like a town-wide holiday open house! Shops are open late, many with special deals just for the season!
Friday, December 9 from 4 to 8 pm. Enjoy an evening of Holiday shopping in downtown Blowing Rock with winter lights, Santa Clause, and Carolers!