Blowing Rock has always been great for girls getaways, and it’s home to some truly one-of-a-kind experiences. We’ve compiled a list of things to do in Blowing Rock that are different and interesting ways to spend some time on your girls getaway. So read on for some ideas that are anything but ordinary.
- Mystery Hill – A truly different experience, Mystery Hill offers tomahawk throwing, bull riding, old-timey photos, a gravitational anomaly, and much more! Bring your girls together for a fun and adventurous day of trying new things and having a blast.
- Chetola Sporting Reserve – Book a stay at Chetola to have access to Chetola Sporting Reserve. Learn Archery, shoot pistols or shotguns, take on a sporting clay course, or go fly fishing with Chetola’s professional guides.
- Guided Hikes – Go on a hike with an experienced guide from The Speckled Trout Outfitters. They offer knowledgeable hiking guides to accompany hikers on their journeys. It is a very personal experience tailored to the clients experience level and desired hike.
- Sample Hot Sauces – Head on over to Sunset Sweets & Heat to sample hot sauces and leave with some bottles of the best. Located downstairs at Sunset Tees & Hattery, Sunset Sweets & Heat is a treasure trove of spicy goodness. If the heat gets too great, cool down with an ice cream cone.
- Doc’s Rocks & McCoy Minerals – For a truly unique experience, go gem mining at Doc’s Rocks. Sift for treasure, then when you find it, head over to McCoy Minerals with it. With their expertise they can cut and polish your gemstones and set them in your preferred setting. It is a great way to get a piece of jewelry that is uniquely yours.
More on the Blog:
43rd Blowing Rock Trout Derby on April 1
The 43rd annual Blowing Rock Trout Derby will take place in Blowing Rock on Saturday, April 1, from sunrise to 4:00pm. No entry fees are required for this family-friendly event. The Blowing Rock Trout Derby has celebrated the opening of trout season for over four...
The Blue Ridge Craft Trail
Blowing Rock has a rich history of being called home by artisans and artists alike. There is something about the atmosphere that uplifts and inspires people and that includes artisans of all stripes. The Blue Ridge National Heritage Area’s Blue Ridge Craft Trail, a trail committed to preserving and promoting the distinct crafts of Western North Carolina, has a large presence in Blowing Rock because of some of the special artists and locations we have here.
Best Small Town in NC
Blowing Rock has been honored with an inclusion in Southern Living’s 50 Best Small Towns in the South 2023! Readers of the popular magazine voted for their favorite places all across the south, and Blowing Rock received top billing among other North Carolina towns,...