Blowing Rock has always been great for girls getaways, and it’s home to some truly one-of-a-kind experiences. We’ve compiled a list of things to do in Blowing Rock that are different and interesting ways to spend some time on your girls getaway. So read on for some ideas that are anything but ordinary.
- Mystery Hill – A truly different experience, Mystery Hill offers tomahawk throwing, bull riding, old-timey photos, a gravitational anomaly, and much more! Bring your girls together for a fun and adventurous day of trying new things and having a blast.
- Chetola Sporting Reserve – Book a stay at Chetola to have access to Chetola Sporting Reserve. Learn Archery, shoot pistols or shotguns, take on a sporting clay course, or go fly fishing with Chetola’s professional guides.
- Guided Hikes – Go on a hike with an experienced guide from The Speckled Trout Outfitters. They offer knowledgeable hiking guides to accompany hikers on their journeys. It is a very personal experience tailored to the clients experience level and desired hike.
- Sample Hot Sauces – Head on over to Sunset Sweets & Heat to sample hot sauces and leave with some bottles of the best. Located downstairs at Sunset Tees & Hattery, Sunset Sweets & Heat is a treasure trove of spicy goodness. If the heat gets too great, cool down with an ice cream cone.
- Doc’s Rocks & McCoy Minerals – For a truly unique experience, go gem mining at Doc’s Rocks. Sift for treasure, then when you find it, head over to McCoy Minerals with it. With their expertise they can cut and polish your gemstones and set them in your preferred setting. It is a great way to get a piece of jewelry that is uniquely yours.
More on the Blog:
It is officially October and we are gearing up for more color in the coming weeks. We see more pops of color every day, however, the overall color in the region is mainly green. So do not panic, there is still plenty of time to see the color changes here in the High Country with the best yet to come.
It’s that time of year again. We are starting to see the changes of Fall here in the High Country. Blowing Rock is an excellent destination for fall color, some might say the best. There are a few reasons why our location is an ideal one with such vibrancy and it all comes down to variety.
2023 is the Year of the Trail in NC, and we’ve extended our trail experiences into September! This month we’ve walked the Figure Eight Trail at Flat Top Manor, hiked the Blue Ridge Conservancy trail, and scaled Cragway Loop at Grandfather Mountain.