Blowing Rock has always been great for girls getaways, and it’s home to some truly one-of-a-kind experiences. We’ve compiled a list of things to do in Blowing Rock that are different and interesting ways to spend some time on your girls getaway. So read on for some ideas that are anything but ordinary.
- Mystery Hill – A truly different experience, Mystery Hill offers tomahawk throwing, bull riding, old-timey photos, a gravitational anomaly, and much more! Bring your girls together for a fun and adventurous day of trying new things and having a blast.
- Chetola Sporting Reserve – Book a stay at Chetola to have access to Chetola Sporting Reserve. Learn Archery, shoot pistols or shotguns, take on a sporting clay course, or go fly fishing with Chetola’s professional guides.
- Guided Hikes – Go on a hike with an experienced guide from The Speckled Trout Outfitters. They offer knowledgeable hiking guides to accompany hikers on their journeys. It is a very personal experience tailored to the clients experience level and desired hike.
- Sample Hot Sauces – Head on over to Sunset Sweets & Heat to sample hot sauces and leave with some bottles of the best. Located downstairs at Sunset Tees & Hattery, Sunset Sweets & Heat is a treasure trove of spicy goodness. If the heat gets too great, cool down with an ice cream cone.
- Doc’s Rocks & McCoy Minerals – For a truly unique experience, go gem mining at Doc’s Rocks. Sift for treasure, then when you find it, head over to McCoy Minerals with it. With their expertise they can cut and polish your gemstones and set them in your preferred setting. It is a great way to get a piece of jewelry that is uniquely yours.
More on the Blog:
Anglers of all ages and levels are invited to compete for cash and prizes at the 44th Blowing Rock Trout Derby! The Derby will take place in Blowing Rock on Saturday, April 6, from sunrise to 4:00pm.
What’s more romantic than going on an adventure together? Whether you’re starting out brand new, or are an experienced skier/snowboarder there is nothing quite like the thrill of the slopes. Going out and getting cold while gliding down a slope, coming in and getting warm by a fire. It’s ideal for a couple’s getaway. There is also romantic dining, spa experiences, natural splendor, and more right here in Blowing Rock.
The Restaurant at Gideon Ridge in Blowing Rock, North Carolina is a 2024 James Beard Award Semifinalist in the Outstanding Restaurant category. Semifinalists are recognized as exemplary in their category; the top 5 in each award category will be announced as Nominees...