Blowing Rock has always been great for girls getaways, and it’s home to some truly one-of-a-kind experiences. We’ve compiled a list of things to do in Blowing Rock that are different and interesting ways to spend some time on your girls getaway. So read on for some ideas that are anything but ordinary.
- Mystery Hill – A truly different experience, Mystery Hill offers tomahawk throwing, bull riding, old-timey photos, a gravitational anomaly, and much more! Bring your girls together for a fun and adventurous day of trying new things and having a blast.
- Chetola Sporting Reserve – Book a stay at Chetola to have access to Chetola Sporting Reserve. Learn Archery, shoot pistols or shotguns, take on a sporting clay course, or go fly fishing with Chetola’s professional guides.
- Guided Hikes – Go on a hike with an experienced guide from The Speckled Trout Outfitters. They offer knowledgeable hiking guides to accompany hikers on their journeys. It is a very personal experience tailored to the clients experience level and desired hike.
- Sample Hot Sauces – Head on over to Sunset Sweets & Heat to sample hot sauces and leave with some bottles of the best. Located downstairs at Sunset Tees & Hattery, Sunset Sweets & Heat is a treasure trove of spicy goodness. If the heat gets too great, cool down with an ice cream cone.
- Doc’s Rocks & McCoy Minerals – For a truly unique experience, go gem mining at Doc’s Rocks. Sift for treasure, then when you find it, head over to McCoy Minerals with it. With their expertise they can cut and polish your gemstones and set them in your preferred setting. It is a great way to get a piece of jewelry that is uniquely yours.
More on the Blog:
NC Resident Days Are Back At Mystery Hill!
NC Resident Days are back at Mystery Hill! This year, NC residents can save even MORE during Resident Days. One (1) valid NC photo ID per group is required upon check-in. Offer valid for anyone who lives, works, or goes to school in NC. These deals are available from March 1 through March 31, 2023.
Top 5 Things for Bachelorette Parties To Do in Blowing Rock
Blowing Rock is a popular destination for weddings. However, recently women have been coming to Blowing Rock for a Bachelorette Party Trip. There are tons of things to do in Blowing Rock, but we’ve narrowed it down to 5 things that are particularly fun for Bachelorette Parties.
Trails We Took in February
2023 is the Year of the Trail in NC, and we’re extending our trail hiking experiences into February! We’re starting with a handful of varied trails that are good to enjoy in winter due to easy access. So read along below, and see what we’ve been up to in February.