Your pet is just another member of the family, so why not bring your pup along the next time you vacation in Blowing Rock? Blowing Rock has many lodging services that are pet friendly. Just make sure to give them a call when you are planning your visit so you know exactly what to expect. So load up your pooch up in your car and hit the road to one of these phenomenal places to stay.
- Village Inn of Blowing Rock– This pet-friendly inn offers cozy places to unwind with you and your pup. With two acres of lovely green space, a beautiful landscaped pond, and equipped with barbecue areas and park benches, it’s a perfect place for you to explore and stay with your dog. Take your pet out to enjoy a scenic walk in the great outdoors of North Carolina. Gourmet dog treats are available when you check-in. Please notify the hotel in your reservation if you will be bringing a pet and whether you intend to crate or not.
- Gideon Ridge Inn– At Gideon Ridge, both their private Cedar Cottage Suite and Sunrise View Suite are pet friendly. Each private suite has lots of room to make it feel like your pet is at home. You can also take your four legged friend on a stroll through their intimate walking paths of elegant gardens located on their property. Make sure to call Gideon Ridge Inn to make arrangements for you and your pup.
- Cliff Dwellers Inn– Cliff Dwellers Inn promises astonishing views that you can share with your dog. Located above 321 on Lakeview Drive, you can catch breathtaking views of mountains right from your window. There is a maximum of 3 pets, depending on the room. Please note that a crate must be brought with the pet if the pet will be left alone in the room while you’re out and about.
- Historic Green Park Inn– The Green Park Inn have wonderful rooms that will accommodate you and your pup! You and your pooch will enjoy the historic and charming hotel the next time you visit town. The Green Park Inn loves hosting four-legged friends and is also home to a sweet Golden Retriever named Polly. She comes in nearly every day to help out around the hotel and greet guests. Pet-friendly rooms are allowed by advance reservation only.
- Chetola Resort– Newly pet-friendly, Chetola Resort welcomes pups on the first floor of the lodge and on the grounds! Enjoy the walking trail around the lake, and outdoor dining at Timberlake’s Restaurant.
If you want to be close to the shops, restaurants, and bars in town, there are plenty of places you and your pup can stay within easy walking distance. Here are some pet-friendly options close to Main Street:
- Alpine Village Inn- Located right on Sunset Drive, Alpine Village Inn allows two pets of any size. All fifteen motel units are all ground level, so those having older dogs won’t have to worry about stairs. As a guest of the Alpine Village Inn, you and your pup will be welcomed by Innkeepers, Charles and Katherine Smid, who make you feel right at home. You will also have the convenience of being in the heart of town, with just a short walk to shops, restaurants, and parks.
- Hillwinds Inn- The Hillwinds Inn offers a unique place to stay while you enjoy the surrounding area of Blowing Rock with your dog. Step on out with your dog leash in hand and head out to the heart of town, where there are parks and shops to explore with your pup. The quaintness and the character of the location makes it a little more special. When you check in, make sure to ask for the gourmet dog treats they have at check-in
- Homestead Inn- Homestead Inn is made up of 15 newly remodeled standard and deluxe cottage-style rooms. What is great about this place is that they’re super pet friendly, even having cats and dogs of their own at the Inn. It’s a great place for you and your canine to relax and snooze. It’s a short walk to Main Street and they even offer pet sitting while you’re out and about!
- Inn at Ragged Gardens- This early 1900’s manor offers an enchanting hideaway in the heart of the historic village of Blowing Rock. The Inn is surrounded by an acre of gardens that you can explore with you and your four-legged friend. Its close location also allows for easy walking with you and your pup to all of the shoppes, boutiques, parks, and art galleries within downtown Blowing Rock.
- Hellbender Bed & Beverage– This 1921 building, the former Sunshine Inn and Crippens Country Inn, has been renovated and modernized and hosts seven beautiful, light and airy guest rooms. Their cottage that is separate from the main building is pet friendly and one that you and your dog will love.
If you are wanting a place that feels more like home away from home for your pup, check out some rental properties in the area! Rental homes will definitely give your pup lots of room to run around and relax. Here is a list of pet-friendly rental groups that can accommodate you and your pup!
- Bull N’ Bear
- Sticks N’ Stones
- White Fence Farm Vacation Rentals
- Blowing Rock Properties
- Blowing Rock Resort Rentals and Sales
- Blue Ridge Mountain Rentals, INC.
- Jenkins Rentals
If you want to get more outdoors, why not take your pup camping? Take your four legged friend to one of our fantastic campgrounds we have in the area! Julian Price Campground, Flintlock Campground, Grandfather Campground, and Blue Bear Mountain Campground are all pet friendly!
To find more pet friendly lodging options around the surrounding area, check out bringfido.com
To make reservations or to view other lodging options, visit our lodging page.
Want to see more dog friendly ideas in Blowing Rock? visit https://blowingrock.com/dogs/