About the Event:
Often described as the “pinnacle of the summer season” here in Blowing Rock, the Symphony by the Lake is a must hear event! The Symphony is celebrating its 35th season this year, solidifying its place as a summer tradition. Set against the lake at Chetola Resort and the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, the atmosphere is truly special.
Featuring the Symphony of the Mountains, the 2022 event theme is “Movie Soundtracks.” The selections will cover 80 years of movie music. From Beauty and the Beast to Wagner, the selection is sure to delight all audiences. See the full program here. The music concludes around 9:30 PM and is followed by a fabulous firework display that lasts approximately 10 minutes. Enjoy an evening of picnics, music, beautiful scenery, and festive fireworks at Symphony by the Lake.
- Symphony by the Lake is on Friday, July 22nd.
- The gates open at 5:30 PM, performance begins at 7:30 PM.
- $65.00 for General Admission, $125.00 for Audiophile Seating, and $10.00 for a Parking Pass. Children 2 and under are no charge.
- Tickets are available online. Pick up your tickets at the Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce, 132 Park Ave. Blowing Rock, NC 28605. They will be available from 9AM – 5PM Monday – Saturday until July 22. Tickets will also be available for pick up at the gate at 5:30 PM on the day of the performance.
- A $10.00 parking pass is available for purchase and allows guests to park at the Chetola Resort. Tanger Outlets has first come/first serve parking. A shuttle for handicapped or disabled people is running from the Food Lion parking lot. (This shuttle will not start return runs until after the fireworks.)
- Packing a picnic is allowed! There is a limited cash bar available with some fun specialty drinks or bring a favorite beer or wine to enjoy.
- Want to get food onsite? Grab a boxed picnic dinner from Chetola- get them quick before they sell out. Consider having dinner on Chetola’s patio or arbor for fantastic views and food! Reservations are needed. Click here to see pricing and menu options.
- There will be Restroom Trailers with stalls and running water for public use in the parking lot of the Timberlake Restaurant.
Here are our top 5 tips for attending the Symphony by the Lake at Chetola!
- Get your tickets early. This year tickets are limited!
- Park at Tanger Outlets and enter the Symphony event via the back gate (on the Polo Ralph Lauren side of the outlet center).
- Arrive early to get a good spot!
- Like to spread out? To avoid the crowd, consider sitting around the perimeter of the lake. The symphony performers may not be visible, but they can still be heard and space is much more plentiful.
- Bring layers or blankets to keep warm after sunset. The event will continue if it rains, so check the local weather forecast so you are prepared with rain gear if needed!
Don’t Forget Tour of Homes
Remember that the Blowing Rock Tour of Homes is from 9am – 5pm on the same day. Attend and support local charitable organizations, then finish a great day with the Symphony. Get information on the Tour of Homes here.