Art in the Park
July 18 | August 15 | September 12 | October 3
Event Dates: July 18, August 15, September 12, October 3, 2020 (May and June 2020 shows cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns)
Artists may request as many or as few shows as they would like. There is only one application.
Event Time: 10 am – 5 pm
Location: Park Avenue in Downtown Blowing Rock, RAIN OR SHINE!
Parking: Free parking downtown on the street and in the parking decks on Wallingford St. and at BRAHM.
On Saturday, July 18th the Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce will host the first Art in the Park of the 2020 season. The Chamber is grateful for the leadership and guidance from AppHealthCare and NCDHHS regarding the COVID-19 response and this 58-year tradition.
What you need to know if you plan on attending Art in the Park:
- Artists, Chamber staff and visitors will be required to wear a mask on Park Ave
- There will be a limited number of artists, each artist display will be 10 feet from each other allowing artists to display their work from three open air sides of their 10×10 tent.
- Artists will sanitize booth surface area periodically
- There will be stanchions dividing the street allowing for one-way walk paths
- There will be signage in and around Park Ave and the downtown area of Blowing Rock promoting the 3W’s (wear, wait, wash) and the NC Face Mask Requirement
- Seniors and more vulnerable patrons will be encouraged to shop from 9-11 and after 3:00 pm
- Peak hours will be monitored to ensure that the density of attendees does not get too high for proper 6 ft. social distancing. If it “feels” too crowded, we will hold patrons outside the show area or encourage them to come back at another time.
- Art in the Park will be used as a mask distribution point for masks from AppHealthCare branded with the Show Your Love Watauga logo to promote the partnership between the Chambers of Commerce and AppHealthCare.
Chamber staff and volunteers will be on site enforcing these rules for the duration of the show. Art in the Park will be open to the public from 10am-5pm on Park Ave in downtown Blowing Rock. The Chamber will not provide the free shuttle service from Tanger Outlets this season.
More about Art in the Park:
Art in the Park was created in 1962 by a handful of area artists and craftspeople to showcase local talent. Today, Art in the Park is host to 94 fine art and craft vendors at each show. Some of the best local and regional artists and craftspeople showcase their handcrafted jewelry, pottery, fiber, glass, photography, painting and more.
Art in the Park’s high standards and professional jury attract artisans from all over the Southeast to exhibit in a series of six shows, May through October. The quality of work exhibited draws thousands to the area each month.
Art in the Park is planned and administered by the Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber takes pride in working to support and showcase top talent over a variety of mediums at each show. The town and area businesses are enthusiastic and participate with Art in the Park, and the public eagerly anticipates each season.
Call 828-295-7851 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or information regarding Art in the Park.