The summer season is upon us and with it comes more traffic congestion. The area that is experiencing significant back ups and wait times is the ongoing construction site at N.C. 105 and Broadstone Road.
Lane closures can be expected on N.C. 105, Broadstone Road, and Old Tweetsie Road, Monday through Thursday from 9am-4pm and from 7pm-6am. On weekends only nightly closures will be allowed. This plan is to avoid closures during rush hour and peak driving times. There will also need to be closures for the removal of portions of the bridge, rocks, and installing framework for the new bridge.
The 66 year old bridge is being replaced by a larger bridge that will support future four lane traffic through the area. This will ultimately improve traffic flow and safety in the area.
The Original Mast General Store is a major attraction in the High Country and often navigated to by the intersection of N.C. 105 and Broadstone Road. From Mast General Store, here is the best way to get there from Blowing Rock, NC:
- From either Main St. or Sunset Dr. turn left onto US 321N/Valley Blvd.
- Continue to follow US 321 N into Boone, NC.
- At the intersection of US 321 N and NC-105 S, turn left onto NC-105 S.
- Continue 2.1 miles on NC-105 S.
- Turn right onto NC Hwy 105 Bypass
- Head N on NC Hwy 105 Bypass toward US 321S/US 421S.
- Turn left onto US 321S/US 421S.
- Continue on US 321 S/US 421S for 3.2 miles.
- Turn left onto NC-194 S.
- Continue on NC-194 S for 3.5 miles. Destination will be on the left.
For more details see the Original Mast General Store’s website.
Image Credit & for more information on this project go to: https://www.hcpress.com/front-page/construction-set-to-start-on-n-c-105-bridge-over-watauga-river.html