From the unmatched, far-reaching views along the Blue Ridge Parkway, to the quaint storybook mountain village, Blowing Rock, North Carolina is truly deserving of the title: "Crown of the Blue Ridge." Here you'll find popular family attractions including Tweetsie Railroad and The Blowing Rock, a plethora of unique downtown shops and outlets, and outdoor adventure ranging from hiking and biking to spelunking and bouldering. It's a venue for adventure, but also a place for ultimate relaxation. Indulge in a spa treatment, sample scrumptious vittles at our award-winning restaurants, or enjoy the hospitality at our local inns, bed and breakfasts, resorts, cabins or hotels.
The Blowing Rock area offers an array of family, cultural and experiential attractions including Tweetsie Railroad, The Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mountain, Blowing Rock Art & History Museum and much more. In addition, the Blowing Rock area is home to many museums, wineries, farms, performing arts venues, and popular festivals.
One of the only towns located directly on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock is the perfect hub for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, canoeing, fly fishing, rock climbing or spelunking, Blowing Rock has an array of guide services, trails and waterways to make your vacation an adventure.
For decades Blowing Rock has been known as a shopping destination. The downtown area boasts over 100 unique shops and boutiques featuring everything from antiques to mod decor, high-end fashion to creative gifts and everything in between. Blowing Rock is also home to Tanger Shoppes on the Parkway, featuring nearly 30 outlets.
Events & Happenings
- 1.Waterfall HuntingGetting close to water is a great way to cool off, and few experiences are as exhilarating as getting close to a waterfall. Hikes vary from easy to strenuous, and a handful of area waterfalls even have a swimming … ContinuedRead More »
- The twenty-first annual Cycle NC Mountains To Coast ride will run from Blowing Rock to Atlantic Beach on September 28 to October 5, 2019. 1,100 bicyclists are expected to participate in this unique ride. Weekend Schedule for Cycle NC Blowing … ContinuedRead More »
- For ten weeks, Edgewood Cottage will host regional artists in a studio setting for the eighth annual Artists in Residence series. The program is presented by the Blowing Rock Historical Society at Edgewood Cottage in downtown Blowing Rock. Edgewood Cottage … ContinuedRead More »
Mark Your Calendars for These Annual Events
Activities and News Blog
- Friends of the NC Mountains-to-Sea Trail (MST) invites hikers of all skill levels to help celebrate the trail’s 42nd birthday September 6-8. Join one of 33 group hikes in 27 trail towns across the state! From Cherokee to Nags Head, … ContinuedRead More »
- Live music is a great way to let loose and relax during your visit in Blowing Rock. Many restaurants feature talented local artists throughout the week. There is entertainment for all to enjoy- no cover for these regular performances! Town … ContinuedRead More »
- We asked some local kids and teens about their favorite summer things to do around Blowing Rock. Here’s what they told us! -Porter, age 5, said his favorite things are fishing at Broyhill Park, riding down the water slide at … ContinuedRead More »
Blowing Rock has been a popular vacation destination for over one hundred years and we continue to offer a great selection of accommodations that showcase our signature hospitality. Choose from quaint bed and breakfasts, family inns, name brand hotels, beautiful resorts, and vacation rentals including cabins, cottages, condos and campgrounds.
In addition, many of our hotels offer vacation packages that may enhance your experience, make planning easier, or save you money. Be sure to check out our vacation packages and visit the individual lodging websites for more information on each property.
Blowing Rock has emerged as a premier culinary destination in North Carolina with a great selection of unique restaurants to please your palate. Whether you just want a quick sandwich or a multi-course dining experience, there are scrumptious offerings throughout the town. The only issue you may have is choosing which one. To try them all, visit us during SAVOR Blowing Rock, our yearly festival held in April celebrating wine, craft beer and fine dining. In addition, Blowing Rock offers coffee and wine shops, and is close by to many wineries.