From the unmatched, far-reaching views along the Blue Ridge Parkway, to the quaint storybook mountain village, Blowing Rock, North Carolina is truly deserving of the title: "Crown of the Blue Ridge." Here you'll find popular family attractions including Tweetsie Railroad and The Blowing Rock, a plethora of unique downtown shops and outlets, and outdoor adventure ranging from hiking and biking to spelunking and bouldering. It's a venue for adventure, but also a place for ultimate relaxation. Indulge in a spa treatment, sample scrumptious vittles at our award-winning restaurants, or enjoy the hospitality at our local inns, bed and breakfasts, resorts, cabins or hotels.
The Blowing Rock area offers an array of family, cultural and experiential attractions including Tweetsie Railroad, The Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mountain, Blowing Rock Art & History Museum and much more. In addition, the Blowing Rock area is home to many museums, wineries, farms, performing arts venues, and popular festivals.
One of the only towns located directly on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock is the perfect hub for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, canoeing, fly fishing, rock climbing or spelunking, Blowing Rock has an array of guide services, trails and waterways to make your vacation an adventure.
For decades Blowing Rock has been known as a shopping destination. The downtown area boasts over 100 unique shops and boutiques featuring everything from antiques to mod decor, high-end fashion to creative gifts and everything in between. Blowing Rock is also home to Tanger Shoppes on the Parkway, featuring nearly 30 outlets.
Events & Happenings
- The twenty-first annual Cycle NC Mountains To Coast ride will run from Blowing Rock to Atlantic Beach on September 28 to October 5, 2019. Nearly 1,000 bicyclists are expected to participate in this unique ride. Weekend Schedule for Cycle NC … ContinuedRead More »
- There are lots of annual fall festivals across the High Country! Check out these fun events and round up your whole crew to enjoy. Bear in mind that the routes to most of these festivals can get heavy with traffic, … ContinuedRead More »
- Tweetsie Railroad’s annual Ghost Train® Halloween Festival is celebrating its 30th year of thrills and chills on the rails during 2019. Friday and Saturday nights from September 20 to October 26, guests will enjoy a frightfully spooky ride as the … ContinuedRead More »
- The Third Annual James H. Fisher International Grand Prix will be held at the L. M. Tate Show Grounds in the Broyhill Equestrian Preserve on September 21, 2019, at 2pm. The two prior events were held in Marshall, NC near … ContinuedRead More »
- The Blue Ridge Parkway runs right through Blowing Rock, and it is a fundamental part of our town’s history & culture- not to mention a favorite source of unending recreation. This unit of the National Park Service connects Shenendoah National … ContinuedRead More »
- Friends of the NC Mountains-to-Sea Trail (MST) invites hikers of all skill levels to help celebrate the trail’s 42nd birthday September 6-8. Join one of 33 group hikes in 27 trail towns across the state! From Cherokee to Nags Head, … ContinuedRead More »
- Live music is a great way to let loose and relax during your visit in Blowing Rock. Many restaurants feature talented local artists throughout the week. There is entertainment for all to enjoy- no cover for these regular performances! Town … ContinuedRead More »