From the unmatched, far-reaching views along the Blue Ridge Parkway, to the quaint storybook mountain village, Blowing Rock, North Carolina is truly deserving of the title: "Crown of the Blue Ridge." Here you'll find popular family attractions including Tweetsie Railroad and The Blowing Rock, a plethora of unique downtown shops and outlets, and outdoor adventure ranging from hiking and biking to spelunking and bouldering. It's a venue for adventure, but also a place for ultimate relaxation. Endulge in a spa treatment, sample scrumptious vittles at our award-winning restaurants, or enjoy the hospitality at our local inns, bed and breakfasts, resorts, cabins or hotels.
The Blowing Rock area offers an array of family, cultural and experiential attractions including Tweetsie Railroad, The Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mountain, Blowing Rock Art & History Museum and much more. In addition, the Blowing Rock area is home to many museums, wineries, farms, performing arts venues, and popular festivals.
One of the only towns located directly on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock is the perfect hub for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, canoeing, fly fishing, rock climbing or spelunking, Blowing Rock has an array of guide services, trails and waterways to make your vacation an adventure.
For decades Blowing Rock has been known as a shopping destination. The downtown area boasts over 100 unique shops and boutiques featuring everything from antiques to mod decor, high-end fashion to creative gifts and everything in between. Blowing Rock is also home to Tanger Shoppes on the Parkway, featuring nearly 30 outlets.
Events & Happenings
- Each year over Thanksgiving weekend, Chetola Resort hosts fun and festive events for you to enjoy with your family. On Friday, November 24 and Saturday, November 26, experience the old-fashioned thrill of a horse-drawn carriage ride around the lake. In addition, kids can enjoy free visits with Santa and free cookie decorating! There is a […]Read More »
- Several restaurants and eateries in Blowing Rock will be open on Thanksgiving Day to welcome you! Reservations are required at those with seating times. Follow the links provided for more information on each restaurant. •Best Cellar – BOOKED. Open 12:30-5:30 pm, Thanksgiving Menu plus other choices, reservations required. 828-295-3466 •Chestnut Grill at Green Park Inn […]Read More »
- 2017 date: Saturday, November 25 at 10:00 am. Each year, the folks at Traditions Pottery Studio, just south of Blowing Rock, host a special event they call the Thanksgiving Kiln Opening. Always on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, it has become a major day for pottery collectors and fans of traditional Appalachian pieces. Most of the […]Read More »
Mark Your Calendars for These Annual Events
Activities and News Blog
- From their Holiday Open House to the Madrigal Feast, there is lots to see and do this season at the Blowing Rock Art & History Museum! Check out these special events in the weeks leading to Christmas. Holiday Open House, Concert & Craft Saturday, November 25: FREE admission to Blowing Rock Art & History Museum […]Read More »
- Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Appalachian Ski Mountain in Blowing Rock delivers with snowy slopes and outdoor ice skating for the holidays! Enjoy a variety of slopes and exciting terrain parks at this family-friendly resort. Appalachian Ski Mountain will again be open on Christmas Day during the 2017 season! The slopes will be […]Read More »
- If you visit Blowing Rock between Thanksgiving and New Years, you’ll find great natural beauty, a Norman Rockwell-esque downtown decorated and lighted for the season, unique shops and restaurants, and numerous holiday-themed events filling the calendar. And if you’re lucky enough to be in Blowing Rock on Thanksgiving day, you’ll find several restaurants and eateries […]Read More »
Blowing Rock has been a popular vacation destination for over one hundred years and we continue to offer a great selection of accommodations that showcase our signature hospitality. Choose from quaint bed and breakfasts, family inns, name brand hotels, beautiful resorts, and vacation rentals including cabins, cottages, condos and campgrounds.
In addition, many of our hotels offer vacation packages that may enhance your experience, make planning easier, or save you money. Be sure to check out our vacation packages and visit the individual lodging websites for more information on each property.
Blowing Rock has emerged as a premier culinary destination in North Carolina with a great selection of unique restaurants to please your palate. Whether you just want a quick sandwich or a multi-course dining experience, there are scrumptious offerings throughout the town. The only issue you may have is choosing which one. To try them all, visit us during SAVOR Blowing Rock, our yearly festival held in April celebrating wine, craft beer and fine dining. In addition, Blowing Rock offers coffee and wine shops, and is close by to many wineries.