From the unmatched, far-reaching views along the Blue Ridge Parkway, to the quaint storybook mountain village, Blowing Rock, North Carolina is truly deserving of the title: "Crown of the Blue Ridge." Here you'll find popular family attractions including Tweetsie Railroad and The Blowing Rock, a plethora of unique downtown shops and outlets, and outdoor adventure ranging from hiking and biking to spelunking and bouldering. It's a venue for adventure, but also a place for ultimate relaxation. Indulge in a spa treatment, sample scrumptious vittles at our award-winning restaurants, or enjoy the hospitality at our local inns, bed and breakfasts, resorts, cabins or hotels.
The Blowing Rock area offers an array of family, cultural and experiential attractions including Tweetsie Railroad, The Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mountain, Blowing Rock Art & History Museum and much more. In addition, the Blowing Rock area is home to many museums, wineries, farms, performing arts venues, and popular festivals.
One of the only towns located directly on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock is the perfect hub for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, canoeing, fly fishing, rock climbing or spelunking, Blowing Rock has an array of guide services, trails and waterways to make your vacation an adventure.
For decades Blowing Rock has been known as a shopping destination. The downtown area boasts over 100 unique shops and boutiques featuring everything from antiques to mod decor, high-end fashion to creative gifts and everything in between. Blowing Rock is also home to Tanger Shoppes on the Parkway, featuring nearly 30 outlets.
Events & Happenings
- Did you know there are three ski resorts in the High Country? All season long, they supplement natural snowfall and maintain awesome conditions for your enjoyment. All local slopes are now open, and the season generally runs through Mid- March. … ContinuedRead More »
- Upscale and friendly, Blowing Rock is a perfect spot for a girlfriend getaway. Situated along the crest of the Blue Ridge, the location couldn’t be better. Amazing views, crisp mountain air, and plenty of outdoor activities will melt stress. And … ContinuedRead More »
- For your romantic getaway, there are plenty of indulgent options among Blowing Rock accommodations. You can choose from luxuriously upscale or historically opulent to warm & rustic or sweet & cozy. Nearly every inn or hotel in town offers romantic … ContinuedRead More »
- Nothing says romantic like a cozy experience in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Fireside meals, close rides on ski lifts, hand-in-hand strolls under the lights of downtown streets, and clear views for miles… Blowing Rock is an ideal getaway for romance … ContinuedRead More »
- By Harrison Herbst Don’t Hibernate… Celebrate! Enjoy the fun side of winter at Blowing Rock’s 22nd annual WinterFest January 23-26, 2020. The town of Blowing Rock has been celebrating the special joys of the season with a four-day long festival … ContinuedRead More »
- Fall leaf viewing will be really good over the next few days, and bring your jacket and hat! The colder temperatures will certainly help shift remaining greens to more seasonal colors. Bass Lake is an excellent spot to enjoy … ContinuedRead More »
- We have finally seen some truly chilly temperatures this week! That means progression of foliage color changes, and we’re really starting to see more now. The color peak for the area has been predicted for the upcoming weekend and … ContinuedRead More »