From the unmatched, far-reaching views along the Blue Ridge Parkway, to the quaint storybook mountain village, Blowing Rock, North Carolina is truly deserving of the title: "Crown of the Blue Ridge." Here you'll find popular family attractions including Tweetsie Railroad and The Blowing Rock, a plethora of unique downtown shops and outlets, and outdoor adventure ranging from hiking and biking to spelunking and bouldering. It's a venue for adventure, but also a place for ultimate relaxation. Indulge in a spa treatment, sample scrumptious vittles at our award-winning restaurants, or enjoy the hospitality at our local inns, bed and breakfasts, resorts, cabins or hotels.
The Blowing Rock area offers an array of family, cultural and experiential attractions including Tweetsie Railroad, The Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mountain, Blowing Rock Art & History Museum and much more. In addition, the Blowing Rock area is home to many museums, wineries, farms, performing arts venues, and popular festivals.
One of the only towns located directly on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock is the perfect hub for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, canoeing, fly fishing, rock climbing or spelunking, Blowing Rock has an array of guide services, trails and waterways to make your vacation an adventure.
For decades Blowing Rock has been known as a shopping destination. The downtown area boasts over 100 unique shops and boutiques featuring everything from antiques to mod decor, high-end fashion to creative gifts and everything in between. Blowing Rock is also home to Tanger Shoppes on the Parkway, featuring nearly 30 outlets.
Events & Happenings
- Located on the Blue Ridge Parkway and nestled along ridges against the Pisgah National Forest, Blowing Rock is a Rockwell-esque town with rugged nature in its backyard. Offering the feeling of seclusion without isolation and the quality of being old-fashioned but not outdated, the town has an individual charm. Long cherished as an escape from […]Read More »
- Outdoor movies in Memorial Park on Main Street in Downtown Blowing Rock! Featuring family-friendly films that start at dusk (around 8:30pm). All movies are on Thursday evenings and all are FREE. Thanks to our sponsors for helping us keep these movies free of charge for you! Legacy Partners make the series possible, and Monkee’s of Blowing […]Read More »
- Adjacent to Pisgah National Forest, Moses H. Cone Memorial Park, Julian Price Park, and the Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock is the perfect place to begin your hiking adventure. Also nearby is Grandfather Mountain, the Linville Gorge Wilderness area, and parts of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail. There are so many beautiful places in our backyard… […]Read More »
Mark Your Calendars for These Annual Events
Activities and News Blog
- After celebrating its 30th anniversary last year, the Symphony by the Lake at Chetola Resort begins a fourth decade of summer centerpiece events in 2018. This year’s Symphony by the Lake will take place Friday, July 27th. The theme, Colors of the Mountains, will be reflected in the musical selections as well as the décor […]Read More »
- The Blue Ridge Parkway is America’s Favorite Drive, but there are lots of ways besides the family car to see the local sights. Try some of these on your next visit! Moped Rentals Mazarine Mopeds in Blowing Rock offers two, four, and eight-hour rentals of mopeds from a sweet little fleet! Rentals include instruction, fuel, and helmets. This […]Read More »
- For the second year in a row, readers of USA TODAY have voted Blowing Rock one of its 10 Best…this time in the category of Small Towns for Adventure. In 2017, Blowing Rock was third on the list of Best Southern Small Towns and this year it finished eighth in the nationwide adventure competition. Other […]Read More »
Blowing Rock has been a popular vacation destination for over one hundred years and we continue to offer a great selection of accommodations that showcase our signature hospitality. Choose from quaint bed and breakfasts, family inns, name brand hotels, beautiful resorts, and vacation rentals including cabins, cottages, condos and campgrounds.
In addition, many of our hotels offer vacation packages that may enhance your experience, make planning easier, or save you money. Be sure to check out our vacation packages and visit the individual lodging websites for more information on each property.
Blowing Rock has emerged as a premier culinary destination in North Carolina with a great selection of unique restaurants to please your palate. Whether you just want a quick sandwich or a multi-course dining experience, there are scrumptious offerings throughout the town. The only issue you may have is choosing which one. To try them all, visit us during SAVOR Blowing Rock, our yearly festival held in April celebrating wine, craft beer and fine dining. In addition, Blowing Rock offers coffee and wine shops, and is close by to many wineries.