From the unmatched, far-reaching views along the Blue Ridge Parkway, to the quaint storybook mountain village, Blowing Rock, North Carolina is truly deserving of the title: "Crown of the Blue Ridge." Here you'll find popular family attractions including Tweetsie Railroad and The Blowing Rock, a plethora of unique downtown shops and outlets, and outdoor adventure ranging from hiking and biking to spelunking and bouldering. It's a venue for adventure, but also a place for ultimate relaxation. Indulge in a spa treatment, sample scrumptious vittles at our award-winning restaurants, or enjoy the hospitality at our local inns, bed and breakfasts, resorts, cabins or hotels.
The Blowing Rock area offers an array of family, cultural and experiential attractions including Tweetsie Railroad, The Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mountain, Blowing Rock Art & History Museum and much more. In addition, the Blowing Rock area is home to many museums, wineries, farms, performing arts venues, and popular festivals.
One of the only towns located directly on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock is the perfect hub for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, canoeing, fly fishing, rock climbing or spelunking, Blowing Rock has an array of guide services, trails and waterways to make your vacation an adventure.
For decades Blowing Rock has been known as a shopping destination. The downtown area boasts over 100 unique shops and boutiques featuring everything from antiques to mod decor, high-end fashion to creative gifts and everything in between. Blowing Rock is also home to Tanger Shoppes on the Parkway, featuring nearly 30 outlets.
Events & Happenings
- Each year over Thanksgiving weekend, Chetola Resort hosts fun and festive events for you to enjoy with your family. On Friday, November 29 and Saturday, November 30, experience the old-fashioned thrill of a horse-drawn carriage ride around the lake. In … ContinuedRead More »
- Several restaurants and eateries in Blowing Rock will be open on Thanksgiving Day to welcome you! Reservations are required at most. Follow the links provided for more information on each restaurant. Best Cellar – Open 12:30-5:00 pm, Thanksgiving Menu plus … ContinuedRead More »
- Get your tree and everything to go under it in Blowing Rock! Starting the weekend after Thanksgiving, all area tree farms are ready to help you find your perfect tree. Walk among the rows to find just the right height, … ContinuedRead More »
- Fall leaf viewing will be really good over the next few days, and bring your jacket and hat! The colder temperatures will certainly help shift remaining greens to more seasonal colors. Bass Lake is an excellent spot to enjoy … ContinuedRead More »
- We have finally seen some truly chilly temperatures this week! That means progression of foliage color changes, and we’re really starting to see more now. The color peak for the area has been predicted for the upcoming weekend and … ContinuedRead More »
- There has definitely been some color development this week! We’ve had very warm days for this time of year, but thankfully the mornings have still been cool. This has probably helped the fall color along, according to local experts like … ContinuedRead More »
- Fall has officially begun, and we’re on color watch! This week, there are lots of goldenrod and aster flowers in bloom, adding color in the fields and along High Country roadsides. It’s still early in the season for widespread foliage … ContinuedRead More »