From the unmatched, far-reaching views along the Blue Ridge Parkway, to the quaint storybook mountain village, Blowing Rock, North Carolina is truly deserving of the title: "Crown of the Blue Ridge." Here you'll find popular family attractions including Tweetsie Railroad and The Blowing Rock, a plethora of unique downtown shops and outlets, and outdoor adventure ranging from hiking and biking to spelunking and bouldering. It's a venue for adventure, but also a place for ultimate relaxation. Indulge in a spa treatment, sample scrumptious vittles at our award-winning restaurants, or enjoy the hospitality at our local inns, bed and breakfasts, resorts, cabins or hotels.
The Blowing Rock area offers an array of family, cultural and experiential attractions including Tweetsie Railroad, The Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mountain, Blowing Rock Art & History Museum and much more. In addition, the Blowing Rock area is home to many museums, wineries, farms, performing arts venues, and popular festivals.
One of the only towns located directly on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock is the perfect hub for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, canoeing, fly fishing, rock climbing or spelunking, Blowing Rock has an array of guide services, trails and waterways to make your vacation an adventure.
For decades Blowing Rock has been known as a shopping destination. The downtown area boasts over 100 unique shops and boutiques featuring everything from antiques to mod decor, high-end fashion to creative gifts and everything in between. Blowing Rock is also home to Tanger Shoppes on the Parkway, featuring nearly 30 outlets.
Events & Happenings
- Nothing says romance like a cozy experience in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Fireside meals, close rides on ski lifts, hand-in-hand strolls under the lights of downtown streets, and clear views for miles… Blowing Rock is an ideal getaway for Valentine’s Day. Looking for extra activities to add to a holiday itinerary? Check out these events […]Read More »
- What is more romantic than a relaxing spa treatment with your special someone? Blowing Rock spas offer rejuvenating spa services at stellar resorts and spas. In town, you’ll find The Spa at Chetola Resort, just the relaxing retreat you’ve been searching for. Enjoy various massages, including a couples massage, facials, and a beautiful indoor pool. […]Read More »
- Blowing Rock and the surrounding area is a winter wonderland, with snowy views, warm places offering cozy respite, and great winter sports. Spend a day with this suggested itinerary for a truly memorable winter experience! –Appalachian Ski Mountain is located in Blowing Rock, and offers 9 slopes and 3 terrain parks. With incredible snow-making capacity, […]Read More »
Mark Your Calendars for These Annual Events
Activities and News Blog
- For the second consecutive year, the Blowing Rock Charity Horse Show (BRCHS) has been chosen as one of the top ten hunter-jumper shows in the nation. Being selected for this honor automatically positions Blowing Rock as a nominee for the National Hunter Show of the Year for 2019. BRCHS is the only horse show in the Southeast to […]Read More »
- The twenty-first annual Cycle NC Mountains To Coast ride will run from Blowing Rock to Atlantic Beach on September 28 to October 5, 2019. 1,100 bicyclists are expected to participate in this unique ride. Weekend Schedule for Cycle NC Blowing Rock will welcome the riders with true mountain hospitality! Participants can expect organized rides along […]Read More »
- Each time the annual WinterFest Polar Plunge rolls around, the wacky costumes are always a big highlight. The most elaborate or ridiculous just might get awarded the Golden Plunger. At the 2019 edition of Blowing Rock WinterFest, on Thursday, January 24 through Sunday, January 27, everyone is invited to enjoy more friendly competition at the […]Read More »
Blowing Rock has been a popular vacation destination for over one hundred years and we continue to offer a great selection of accommodations that showcase our signature hospitality. Choose from quaint bed and breakfasts, family inns, name brand hotels, beautiful resorts, and vacation rentals including cabins, cottages, condos and campgrounds.
In addition, many of our hotels offer vacation packages that may enhance your experience, make planning easier, or save you money. Be sure to check out our vacation packages and visit the individual lodging websites for more information on each property.
Blowing Rock has emerged as a premier culinary destination in North Carolina with a great selection of unique restaurants to please your palate. Whether you just want a quick sandwich or a multi-course dining experience, there are scrumptious offerings throughout the town. The only issue you may have is choosing which one. To try them all, visit us during SAVOR Blowing Rock, our yearly festival held in April celebrating wine, craft beer and fine dining. In addition, Blowing Rock offers coffee and wine shops, and is close by to many wineries.