From the unmatched, far-reaching views along the Blue Ridge Parkway, to the quaint storybook mountain village, Blowing Rock, North Carolina is truly deserving of the title: "Crown of the Blue Ridge." Here you'll find popular family attractions including Tweetsie Railroad and The Blowing Rock, a plethora of unique downtown shops and outlets, and outdoor adventure ranging from hiking and biking to spelunking and bouldering. It's a venue for adventure, but also a place for ultimate relaxation. Endulge in a spa treatment, sample scrumptious vittles at our award-winning restaurants, or enjoy the hospitality at our local inns, bed and breakfasts, resorts, cabins or hotels.
The Blowing Rock area offers an array of family, cultural and experiential attractions including Tweetsie Railroad, The Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mountain, Blowing Rock Art & History Museum and much more. In addition, the Blowing Rock area is home to many museums, wineries, farms, performing arts venues, and popular festivals.
One of the only towns located directly on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock is the perfect hub for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, canoeing, fly fishing, rock climbing or spelunking, Blowing Rock has an array of guide services, trails and waterways to make your vacation an adventure.
For decades Blowing Rock has been known as a shopping destination. The downtown area boasts over 100 unique shops and boutiques featuring everything from antiques to mod decor, high-end fashion to creative gifts and everything in between. Blowing Rock is also home to Tanger Shoppes on the Parkway, featuring nearly 30 outlets.
Events & Happenings
- Chetola Resort features a sparkling display of lights each winter season! The “Festival of Lights” is free and open to the public, and you are invited to enjoy thousands of dazzling illuminations throughout the resort. As you drive or stroll around Chetola Lake, view glittering ice skaters, “Rudolph” reeling in a big fish, strolling carolers and […]Read More »
- Join us in Blowing Rock for the Holiday Stroll, a celebration of winter and the Christmas season in December. It’s like a town-wide holiday open house! On Friday, December 8 from 5 to 8pm, local businesses and organizations present an evening of fun surrounded by the twinkling lights of the season. Christmas Concert in the Gazebo– […]Read More »
- Get your tree and everything to go under it in Blowing Rock! Starting the weekend after Thanksgiving, all area tree farms are ready to help you find your perfect tree. Walk among the rows to find just the right height, width, and type! Local farms specialize in the well-loved Frasier Fir, but you can also […]Read More »
Mark Your Calendars for These Annual Events
Activities and News Blog
- Instead of leaving your dog behind when you go on vacation, bring your four-legged family member to beautiful Blowing Rock! Below, we’ve outlined a great one night adventure of activities and sights that are perfect for you and your pet. -Start your day off by taking a hike on one of our Blue Ridge Parkway trails! […]Read More »
- Are you looking to connect with the natural world on New Year’s Day? Take a break from the rush of the holidays to start the year with clear, crisp air and wide views. Check out these nearby options for enjoying a guided “first hike” on New Year’s Day. Be sure to dress very warmly with […]Read More »
- From their Holiday Open House to the Madrigal Feast, there is lots to see and do this season at the Blowing Rock Art & History Museum! Check out these special events in the weeks leading to Christmas. Holiday Open House, Concert & Craft Saturday, November 25: FREE admission to Blowing Rock Art & History Museum […]Read More »
Blowing Rock has been a popular vacation destination for over one hundred years and we continue to offer a great selection of accommodations that showcase our signature hospitality. Choose from quaint bed and breakfasts, family inns, name brand hotels, beautiful resorts, and vacation rentals including cabins, cottages, condos and campgrounds.
In addition, many of our hotels offer vacation packages that may enhance your experience, make planning easier, or save you money. Be sure to check out our vacation packages and visit the individual lodging websites for more information on each property.
Blowing Rock has emerged as a premier culinary destination in North Carolina with a great selection of unique restaurants to please your palate. Whether you just want a quick sandwich or a multi-course dining experience, there are scrumptious offerings throughout the town. The only issue you may have is choosing which one. To try them all, visit us during SAVOR Blowing Rock, our yearly festival held in April celebrating wine, craft beer and fine dining. In addition, Blowing Rock offers coffee and wine shops, and is close by to many wineries.