We welcome your inquiries about Blowing Rock and are happy to provide you with information, interviews, high resolution photographs, b-roll and contacts to help with your stories. For more information, please contact Amanda Lugenbell, 828-295-4636 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- Blowing Rock was third on USA Today's 2017 list of the 10 Best Southern Small Towns, decided by reader votes.
- Blowing Rock Charity Horse Show designated a Heritage Competition by US Equestrian Federation.
- Blowing Rock's WinterFest chosen as a Top Pick event by AAA Magazine.
- Main Street Blowing Rock named a "Great Place in NC" by American Planning Association-NC.
- Blowing Rock won Platinum, Gold, and Silver awards by readers of Blue Ridge Country Magazine.
- Travel & Leisure called Blowing Rock one of "America's Prettiest Winter Towns."
- Blowing Rock was voted "Prettiest Small Town in NC" by a group of Southeastern travel writers.
- Blowing Rock's Blue Ridge Wine & Food Festival was named a Southeast Tourism Society Top 20 Event.
- Readers of Blue Ridge Country magazine voted Blowing Rock as Best Little Town (Platinum), Best Antique Shopping (Platinum), Best Mountain Town (Gold), Best Arts Town (Gold), and Best Main Street (Silver) for 2008.
- Southern Living Reader’s Choice award deemed Blowing Rock a favorite mountain destination.
- Our State magazine voted Blowing Rock a top mountain destination in the South.
- Pinnacle Living voted Blowing Rock Best of the Mountains in 2006 for the most picturesque Main Street.
- Readers of Blue Ridge Country magazine have given Blowing Rock several designations with their votes thoughout the years: favorite destination, best couples getaway, best weekend getaway, best outlet shopping, best shopping overall, and best mountain town.
- Readers of Sunshine Artist magazine selected Art in the Park as one of the 200 Best Shows in the United States.
- During summer months Blowing Rock has a population of about 8,000
- During winter months the population is around 1,500.
- Median Age: 58.9
- Median Household Salary: $52,813. Median Family Salary: $80,682
- Median Home Value for Owner-Occupied Homes: $453,900